Semper Iratius!

Semper Iratius!
Any guess as to what I just did?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally Here

Hey all!

I know that it has been a little while since my last post, but I have been in transit for the past couple of weeks.
I finally arrived at my destination, and I am working with my team to get things set up. We are looking forward to working on our mission and have been receiving some great support from our hosts here.
Here are a few trip highlights:
  • I was able to ride in the cockpit of the plane that brought us from Kuwait to Iraq, it was amazing being able to see everything from above. My Major has a few connections as is great at working with 'Smoke & Mirrors' as he puts it. Should offer to be interesting.
  • The DFAC, Dining Facility, here is ok, and should at least keep me well fed. There is a nice Gym, and so far, the support ha been great. We should have offices soon (Pics to come once I have a way to upload them).
  • Got to spend a couple of hours in a bunker last night. Not really fun, but I was able to make some good contacts. It is amazing the conversations one can have when hiding inside a 4x6 concrete dome.

Oh, and my mailing address:

Niesen, Joseph
48th Military History Detachment
Unit 117
APO AE 09374

Send some letters already! I promise to respond to anything that is sent.

Peace out home-slices!

SFC Joe Niesen

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that the bunker networking is producing some alliances. Perhaps you could walk us through how that convo typically goes.

    ReplyDelete